We currently have two (2) openings for highly motivated, self driven and passionate
individuals to join our team as casual Assistant Program Coordinators. We are looking for two (2) professionals who are passionate about helping seniors and would find it rewarding to make a difference in their lives. The casual Assistant Program Coordinators will be individuals who are willing to help our team of staff by having a flexible schedule and being available to take shifts on an as needed basis. Reporting to our Program Coordinators, the successful candidates will be responsible for planning and facilitating social, recreational, and health promotion activities for seniors at our various program locations as well as assisting with other tasks as required.
- Plan and facilitate social, recreational, and health promotion programs and special events for seniors;
- Develop program plans and calendars as needed;
- Contribute ideas, energy and passion to our cohesive staff team;
- Set up and clean program space as required;
- Positively represent Sunshine Centres in the community as well as foster our organization’s mission and inclusive culture;
- Work closely planning and facilitating activities and events with our talented program team and dedicated volunteers
- Diploma or degree in activation, gerontology, recreation, social services, community services,or similar field of study;
- Experience developing, implementing and facilitating social, recreational, and health promotion activities and special events for seniors;
- Experience working with seniors including seniors from diverse cultures and backgrounds;
- In depth knowledge of issues and obstacles faced by seniors and well developed therapeutic recreation practices;
- Strong time management, problem solving and conflict resolution skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Basic Food Handlers certification and CPR training are an asset.
- Strong team-player, able to work independently and collaboratively;
- Creative, resourceful, and keen interest in non-profits and recreation for seniors;
- Positive attitude and open mind, flexible, and enjoys variety and working in a dynamic and friendly environment;
- Dependable and challenge driven;
- Self motivated, highly organized and enthusiastic
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Jaclyn Palmer at
[email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only
those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Sunshine Centres for Seniors is a diverse, inclusive organization. We welcome interest
from ethno-cultural communities, racialized communities, lesbian, gay, bisexual and
transgender individuals, those with disabilities, and other diverse communities.
Deadline: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 5:00pm