We’re Hiring an Administrative Coordinator!
As Sunshine Centres’ administrative coordinator, you will be at the center of a fast-paced, hardworking community organization, providing the critical administrative support to ensure all parts of the agency function together effectively and efficiently.
In this role, you will:
• Provide reception duties for the organization, such as taking messages for staff and responding to inquiries about our programs
• Maintain donor database and co-ordinate donor relations activities including issuing thank you letters and receipts
• Stay updated on important deadlines and input them into the appropriate calendar
• Ensure website schedule of events is up to date and accurate
• Input data into participant database
• Co-ordinate mail-outs to donors, volunteers, and members
• Maintain office filing system
• Provide administrative support for grant proposals and reports to funders
• Book groups and individual seniors for summer camp for seniors program, Camp Sunshine
• Assist with organizing special events, gatherings for volunteers, and fundraisers
• Complete general administrative duties as assigned
You must have:
• College or university degree in business administration or equivalent
• 2–5 year administrative experience
• Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new software quickly
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and database software
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Exceptional organizational abilities
• A positive attitude with the willingness to take initiative
• Critical thinking skills and sound judgement
• Commitment to upholding Sunshine Centres for Seniors’ mission, vision, and values in all work done with the organization
It would be a bonus if you had:
• Experience working for a community-based non-profit organization
• Familiarity with Income Manager or other donor management software
• Familiarity with G Suite and WordPress
What we offer:
• 20–25 hours/week
• A benefits package after an initial probationary period
Applications will be accepted until July 12, 2019. However, we will be interviewing on a rolling basis. Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. No phone calls please. The start date for this position is July 29, 2019.
Sunshine Centres for Seniors is committed to developing a staff team that reflects the diversity of the City of Toronto. We encourage applicants from equity-seeking groups including Indigenous people, women, people with disabilities, racialized communities, and LGBTQ+ people.