TUESDAY BAKING: Fudgy Flourless Brownies
Since baking is such a great way to #BeatTheIsolationBlues, many have recently taken up the hobby. The increase of home bakers has made finding a bag of flour almost as rare as winning the lottery. Rhea from @sprinklesandseasoning shared a quarantine-friendly flourless brownie recipe recently in our Main Sunshine Program to help us continue baking—with or without flour!
In addition to being a pantry-friendly recipe for the social-isolating baker, these brownies are also gluten-free! Keeping the recipe flour-free leads to a rich and fudgy brownie with a deep chocolate flavour. So what are you waiting for? Grab a large microwave-safe bowl (you’ll only need one because it is a one-bowl recipe), and let’s get baking!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 eggs (at room temperature)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Dark chocolate chunks (or any extra chocolate chips or chunks to mix into the batter)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Grease an 8” x 8” baking pan. Set aside.
- 3. Melt butter and chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl, checking and stirring every 30 seconds to ensure the mixture doesn’t burn.
- 4. Once fully melted and incorporated, mix in eggs one at a time and add in vanilla.
- 5. Add in cocoa powder, sugar, instant coffee and salt.
- 6. Stir in extra chocolate chips or chunks.
- 7. Pour batter in the prepared baking pan and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- 8. Let cool for 20 minute, cut into squares and enjoy!
Did you try this recipe? Let us know what you think of it on our social media!
Recipe from @sprinklesandseasoning and adapted from @thebakermama.