Help Us Bring Sunshine to Toronto’s Seniors!
Sunshine Centres for Seniors is 4% away from the total funds needed to complete the Camp Sunshine renovations. We need your support to reach our final fundraising goal!
For 43 summers, the Sunshine Centres’ building on Ward’s Island has served as home for a unique program called Camp Sunshine. Older adults come to Camp Sunshine from across the city to enjoy a day of activities and social connection in the beautiful natural setting of the Toronto Islands. Camp Sunshine now provides an engaging and enjoyable experience for five times as many seniors per year than when it was first offered, reaching about 1,800 seniors each year.
Renovating the Camp Sunshine building to be more accessible and comfortable for our seniors has long been an ambition of ours. This past year, we were able to achieve this dream thanks to generous support from the Ontario Trillium Foundation, the City of Toronto, and our individual donors and foundation supporters.
With these renovations, we:
• Increased the overall number of washroom stalls and the number of wheelchair accessible stalls
• Carried out structural repairs to wood beams, skylights, and windows
• Installed new exterior cladding and replaced the roof and the floor
We are so grateful to all our donors for making these renovations possible. If you want to be a part of this amazing project and help ensure older adults remain active and socially involved, there’s still time!
Donate and receive one of our three appreciation gifts:
• $50 or more: Recognition in our Annual Report
• $100 or more: Your name on our Recognition Wall at Camp Sunshine
• $250 or more: An invitation to our Donor Appreciation Day at our centre on beautiful Ward’s Island
Camp Sunshine is integral to our aim of helping seniors live active and connected lives, and these renovations will help us continue this work well into the future. Together, we will make the building on Ward’s Island more accessible and functional for the 1,800 seniors who so enjoy their time at Camp Sunshine each year.